I finally got ahold of Mooko today, and here is his recommended list of speakers (and my own notes):
Christine Chen, executive director of APIAVote
- former MAASU board member
- works well with college students, acc. Mooko--has done youth vote campaigns
- former national executive director of OCA
- Korean adoptee from Indiana
- more recent resume
Thomas Kim, Scripps College professor
Daphne Kwok, former executive director of Angel Island Immigration Station Foundation
- coordinated first National Asian Pacific American Voter Registration Campaign (1996)
Kent Wong, director of the UCLA Center for Labor Research and Education
- knowledgeable about electoral politics, acc. Mooko
- I could not find much info on him online--does not have his own Web site?
- contact info
1. Do some research on the above speakers. Click on the links I Googled so hard to find. Read through the person's credentials and background.
2. Provide some constructive feedback.
- Whom do you feel meets our purpose and mission best?
- If you had to prioritize a list, whom would you put as 1st choice, 2nd choice, etc. (I.e. whom do you want me to pursue the most?)
- What would be possible speech topics we would like for this specific person to cover? Would these topics be any different than from what we have discussed for Mr. Wu?
Have a lovely first week of summer break!
2 comments:
I"d go with Thomas Kim or Christine Chen.
Professor Kim's book sound like something really relevant to our goal.
I"m quite impressed with this blog though. It looks very professional.
i would have to say that professor kim's book title already suggests something that we would love to discover... even if i've never heard of scripps college
Post a Comment